No Glastonbury For Fleetwood Mac

Mick Fleetwood confirmed FLEETWOOD MAC will not be headlining Glastonbury Festival 2015. Speaking to Chris Evans on his BBC Radio 2 Breakfast Show, the legendary musician said the band will be on tour during 2015 – but will not be headlining the Somerset event.

The band were the front runners to headline the festival; which saw Kasabian, Arcade Fire and Metallica top the bill this year, even though organiser Michael Eavis spoke earlier this month that Mac headlining would be unlikely. It now seems they have decided to perform headline shows rather than festivals.

Speaking to Evans, Fleetwood said:

No bad faith for Glastonbury because I just don’t want people thinking it’s us.

Other big band names are still in contention to top the Worth Farm event; including The Libertines, Kate Bush, Foo Fighters and (although unlikely) an Oasis reunion.

Fleetwood Mac tour news is set to be announced Monday at 9am via Live Nation.

 

 

Recommend to friends
  • gplus
  • pinterest

About the Author

Samuel Litherland

Digital and Live Editor of Soundcheck. I am a huge fan of emerging new music. You can usually find me in a field over the summer.